The Farina Restoration Group… Building a window to the past…
Visitors, please note:- The Farina Restoration Group 2018 project is now closed, and not due to re-open until late May 2019!
To the official website of the Farina Restoration Project Group.
If you’d like to be kept informed about happenings at Farina, maybe you’d consider registering as a Friend. We’ll send you periodic newsletters, and after seeing what we’re up to, you might also decide to register as a Volunteer. Being a Friend costs you nothing, and you could learn lots about this little piece of outback South Australian History! Inside South Australia has just released this story about us on their Blog page!
Have a look in Trip Advisor to see what they think of us!
- To stabilise the stone buildings and to prevent further deterioration of their integrity.
- To identify, visualise and explain the importance of the railway structure.
- To restore the famous underground bakery and to bake in it for approximately 8 weeks a year.
- To build a war memorial of significance and to restore the cemetery to one of the best inland cemeteries in the State.
- To generate walking trails and storyboards throughout the town to explain the history and function of the sites.
The global aim of our work is to attract increasing numbers of visitors to see our preserved town, to appreciate the history and to be a very significant attraction in the North Flinders Ranges area.