The Farina Restoration Group… Building a window to the past…
Friends of Farina please note: Under revision for the 2020 season
The now famous wood fired bakery will be making fabulous bread, pies and cakes during this period. All are welcome.
Increase your Farina experience, walk the many historical tracks whilst staying a while in great camping grounds.
Have a look in Trip Advisor to see what they think of us!
To the official website of the Farina Restoration Project Group.
If you’d like to be kept informed about happenings at Farina, maybe you’d consider registering as a Friend. We’ll send you periodic newsletters, and after seeing what we’re up to, you might also decide to register as a Volunteer.
Being a Friend costs you nothing, and you could learn lots about this little piece of outback South Australian History! Inside South Australia has just released this story about us on their Blog page!
- To stabilise the stone buildings and to prevent further deterioration of their integrity.
- To identify, visualise and explain the importance of the railway structure.
- To restore the famous underground bakery and to bake in it for approximately 8 weeks a year.
- To build a war memorial of significance and to restore the cemetery to one of the best inland cemeteries in the State.
- To generate walking trails and storyboards throughout the town to explain the history and function of the sites.
The global aim of our work is to attract increasing numbers of visitors to see our preserved town, to appreciate the history and to be a very significant attraction in the North Flinders Ranges area.